Depending on where you live, fall is usually a much cooler time of year. It’s not quite freezing yet but the summer heat is gone and you’ve already broken out your jackets. It’s getting cool at night and it’s that time of year where you have to turn the heat on at night but maybe not yet during the day.
The leaves are changing and it’s a beautiful time of year to be outside. There are so many recreational activities that are much more pleasant in the fall. Not everyone likes being outside when it’s 95 degrees in the heat of summer. Even for those who don’t mind it, there are dangers involved with that kind of heat.
It’s kind of cliché to say say “fall is my favorite season”, because it seems like everyone says that. Jim Gaffigan has a funny bit in one of his stand ups about that and it’s so true. In reality though, it is a really pleasant time of year and that’s why everyone likes it so much.
Without further ado, here is the list of 25 popular activities you can do in the fall in no particular order…
- Go for a hike
- Rake your leaves
- If you have a boat, take it out again before winterizing it
- Take your dog for a walk
- Go for a drive to the park
- Go for a bike ride
- Go camping
- Have a bonfire and make S’mores
- Play a game of football, (or basketball)
- Plant spring bulbs in your flower beds
- Have an outdoor barbecue and invite friends over
- Go fishing!
- Visit a pumpkin patch
- Visit an orchard
- Go on a hayride
- Check Facebook for outdoor festivals
- Go to a haunted house if it’s before Halloween
- Go bird watching
- Put up outside decorations (only do Christmas if it’s AFTER Thanksgiving!)
- Get those outdoor home repairs done before it gets too cold!